Friday, September 6, 2013

Swimming in Tomatoes~!


We must give more in order to get more...


It is the generous giving of ourselves~


That produces the generous harvest~!
~Orison Swett Marden~


I am 'Swimming" in tomatoes~~

Oh yes, there could be worse things...

I need to buy more bottles this weekend. I have bottled to my bottle capacity this year..

The "Bottled Salsa" is overflowing from my kitchen and bottled chili sauce is next on the list... But, I must do cauliflower over the weekend. "Pickled Cauliflower" to be exact. I do it with the same recipe I use for my "Pickled Carrots" ...

We eat dozens of jars of Salsa, Chili Sauce &  Pickled Veggies throughout the winter and it's an easy way to preserve near anything out of the garden.

"Harvest Time" is definitely upon me and I'm rushing to keep up~!


Always do your best~~
What you plant now, you will Harvest later...

5 comments:

  1. Wish I was close by, I would help you pick! Love your beautiful Fall decorations, too! I can't wait to get started this weekend...decorating! Sweet hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love the help - lol
      I just got done with 25 bottles of pickled cauliflower. It's tiring, but worth it. Can't wait to see your fall decor~!

      Delete
  2. Oh yes that is a good problem. A lot of work for you but soo rewarding to be using your tomatoes in winter meals.
    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worth the work Leanne...
      I do it every year, so by now, I'm just used to it. And, very, very thankful for the winter cache of bottles goodies...
      Hope you have a Wonderful Weekend~!

      Delete
  3. I'm a big fresh salsa eater- I'd love to grow tomatoes out the wazoo but the dogs won't let me! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...
I love to hear from you~!
=)