Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Garden Art & Yard Decor Ideas...

It all started on Pinterest ~

Isn't it crazy how looking through all those pins can send your mind reeling with ideas, DIY projects, fun things to do with what you have laying around and repurposing?

Of course, this time of the year, it usually involves ideas in the great outdoors, the gardens, the yard, the patios, even the walls of the sheds and the house...

It started with a few cute pieces placed strategically in the yard and then my interest began to soar.

I purchased this cute little planter box at the thrift store for three quarters ($0.75). I brought it home and put some old, dry flowers in it from another floral purchased previously for pennies...

It hangs outside by the backdoor, under the old awning, so the sun and wind doesn't rip it apart.



Yes, I hoard florals in a five gallon bucket in the shed. If I like them, I leave them 'as a floral' and put them in the shed on a shelf. If I don't particularly like them, I pull them apart and put the flowers in the bucket. You know how it is with thrift store and yard sale finds. Sometimes they're just falling apart, but the flowers are re-useable and picking up a broke down wreath for a quarter, or a dollar is just "Smart Hoarding" for the future...

I intend to make me a couple more exterior florals for the outside of the house.
Perhaps, something like this...



And, something like this...


I also found another old, antique, chair in the shop to go with the first antique chair I drug home...
The new, old, chair is the one on the right. The 'old,' old chair is the one on the left from this previous blog post:  Do you remember your last voyage on an "Old Rickety Chair"...

I initially hung it on the wall by the back door, but I kept running into it (there's a reason my parents didn't name me Grace...) Then, I had the 'man-child' move it to the wall of the old shed, by the clothesline, to get it out of my line of traffic.

I brought home the 'new' old chair on the right to hang on the shed also and use it for holding flower pots too, but it's so, so, old and yet in such great shape still. I'm thinking of something different. I just don't have the heart to put screw holes in it yet, to hang it up...



I would like to find perhaps, 2 more old decrepit chairs and add them to the shed wall for flowers, but for the old, solid chair on the right in the pic, I think I'll do something more like this...


If I messed around with one of my old doors (I have a plethora of them) and added an old table to it, some shelves, some cute shelf brackets and reworked its paint to match the 'new' found, old, chair, it would make a great display and an extra chair for the backyard when company is present. I would load it with flower pots, gardening tools, old crusty things and place it on the back porch next to the new, found, old, chair. Still in proximity to the 'chairs on the shed' flower holders I'm creating. But, I'm thinking, I'll definitely just use the 'new' found, old, chair for a chair...

You know, There are alot of ways to make an old door a 'Potting Bench,' or just a bench...



And, how about this cute idea...
I need to make me one of these out of coffee cans to hang off the back awning - paint it in the vintage colors of the house right now. I think it's a nifty repurpose DIY idea for the yard~!


I can't seem to find the pic on the website - I get an error.
Here is the link to the pic on pinterest though...

And how about a swing out of old doors...!
I can certainly make this happen - plus I picked up a whole bunch of furniture legs at the thrift store one day to add to the character of the swing for the arms...


And, close to the swing...
I can make me a bench to match~!
I already have the old beds and things to do this. I just need to get it done...


So, so many ideas and I have all the old stuff laying around to create, I just need to get creative...!

(No link available - website error?)


How about some old ladders in the yard?




So many ideas for projects...
So little time in the summer...
So much creativity and ideas~!

Everybody have a "Wonderful Day" ~ I'm heading outside to play~!

Have I got your mind reeling with outdoor ideas yet?



4 comments:

  1. Those are all great ideas! Can't wait to see what you create!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, i like it. There are some good ideas here. I've been working all summer with my son to try and fix up our backyard a little. I recently got this great new lawn bagger and it makes things a lot easier after doing outdoor yard work. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! I'm pretty sure my cousin will like these photos. She volunteered to make the design for our backyard garden. I can imagine how those vintage pieces can make my space a cool place to stay. Thanks for the pics! :)

    SpringFieldLawnBarber.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so artistic and clever. It makes you a Win Win person with such flair and creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...
I love to hear from you~!
=)