Friday, August 30, 2013

I reckon this is gonna hurt a little...

Boy, that's a famous statement around here...

I've had a few requests to show some 'close ups' of some of the decor in my living room...

This room is so dark and cozy that it's hard to get pics of. But, this morning, the sun was shine'in through one of the entryway windows laying a perfect light on one of my leather walls, so here's a little taste of a bit of the living room decor...

It's VERY Western... It fits our personalities. It's leather and lace and hand carved pine...


The pic is a black & White of the 'Man-Child's' dad's hat, rope and boots. He passed away 7 years ago and right after, the 'Man-Child's' older brother had this photo taken for the sons in the family. There's an old grainery on his property with a hitching post the sons use to tie their horses to, to shoe them. He staged the pic with the grainery in the background and the belongings on the post ~ pretty neat picture to have to remember him by...


It was a fitting location for a black and white of their fathers most precious possessions (the hat, the boots and the ropes...) It's one of the most valued pics in the living room. It is very sentimental and the pic is in an old, wood, scruffy frame deliberately. It just suits the photo well...


The faux, leather walls were a fun project. I gave a short synopsis of how I done them when I first started this blog and you can revisit the blog post here: Faux Leather Walls you have to read through the whole blog post... sorry~ I need to redo that someday... <wink>


The 'Man-Childs' favorite cowboy hat hangs on on old, rusty nail on one of the big, rough sawn, pine beams in the room and I collect a few spurs... They are scattered around the room in the hutches and cabinets.

I'll never regret doing the walls in here to look like old, book leather ~ they are awesome and nobody has anything like it.


 They're quite a conversation starter to any new company that comes in the house. They look & feel like the  real deal...


As the sun moves further & further to the South for the Winter, it will start shining into the living room again. Then, I'll be able to get better pics of the living room with better light.


I hope you have enjoyed the "sneak peek"... 

There will be more to come soon~!


And it's ok to admire that big Horse son, 

but saddle that small one anyway...










1 comment:

  1. Loved the sneak peek!
    Thanks for stopping by-I'm happily following you back! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...
I love to hear from you~!
=)