Monday, June 8, 2015

Garden Fresh Mint Flower Arrangement...

I've been trying to figure out how to use my garden mint...


I have Spearmint and Peppermint, Pineapple mint and Chocolate mint...
I probably have other mint too, here and there.

For some reason, I always planted various mint plants~~~
Even though I know how invasive they can get.


I needed some filler for a 'friend gift' this morning...
I had just picked a bag of lettuce and spinach for the gift and as I was walking out of the garden, I seen a pile of dried up mint I had thinned the night prior. Little bundles of mint tied with raffia would make wonderful filler for a fresh garden neighbor gift, so I cut some bundles of every kind of mint growing in my yard, along with some fresh cut roses, catmint, onions and garlic and other bundles of fresh herbs as well...

 On my way to deliver the special package, I noticed how wonderful the truck smelled inside. I normally don't like the overwhelming smell of catmint, but it seemed quite subtle with the other mints and I could catch a wiff of roses as I traveled to deliver the pretty parcel...

It got me thinking ~~~
What a great use for mint~!

 When things calmed down in the office, I snuck outside and cut a bunch more of my mint, along with some more flowers and roses. I made an arrangement in an old enamelware milk pitcher for the kitchen...

And, that cute little milk bottle carrier used to have the oddest shade of white lids. It drove me batty~!
The other day I found some pictures of some old milk bottle lids on google and sized them to fit the milk bottles.

I mod-podged them on the top of the lids and then sealed them. 
Now, they're no longer a funky, shiny white. 

Isn't it funny how little things mess with our minds...
<The bottles store my epsom salts>

It smells like summer in my farmhouse kitchen~!


I know what I'll be doing with all my mint this year...

(=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...
I love to hear from you~!
=)