Thursday, January 2, 2014

Awe Mooch...

I'm laying in bed and I hear it...

It's awake - 

The "Man-Child" is already up in the kitchen drinking coffee and reading the paper and I hear the "clomp," "clomp," "clomp," coming...

The 'Man-Child' says, "Do you want me to put you out?" But, I hear the "clomping" keep heading my way...

I snuggle to the center of the bed. I quickly take a deep breath and exhale, calm all of my muscles and pretend I'm asleep. 

"Clomp," "clomp," "clomp" it walks along the bottom of the bed and "clomp," "clomp," "clomp," it rounds the bottom and walks up my side of the bed. 

It pauses... 
It sits there dead quiet for a few seconds...

Then, it sticks its head between the mattress and platform and 'Mooch quakes' the bed.
 I lay there silent, not breathing, not moving. 

It sits there dead quiet for a few seconds, again... 

Then, it rubs up and down my side of the bed whining. I lay there silent, not breathing, not moving. 

It sits there dead quiet for a few seconds, again...

And then...

It rares up like a horse. It puts its big paws on my pillow ~  
It hangs over my head breathing hard and staring down at me like a monster from a bad dream.

 I lay there silent, not breathing, not moving and trying my hardest not to break out laughing~~~

Then...
It gives up -

 It bows down and it puts its big head on my head and hugs me tight...

"Good Morning Mooch..."

(To those that don't know ~ Mooch is my male Great Pyrenees and my best friend. Every morning, he comes up with a new, unique way to wake me up. It's a game we play. He's a huge dog, but he's a true gentle giant with a funny, funny, personality. He will never let the 'Man-Child' put him out in the morning. He wakes me up every day to do it.)

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments...
I love to hear from you~!
=)