Saturday, December 7, 2013

Christmas~ It's not an external event at all...




And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, 
how could it be so? 

It came without ribbons.

 It came without tags. 

It came without packages, boxes or bags. 

And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. 

Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. 

What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. 

What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more... 

~ Dr. Seuss




Isn't this a gorgeous pitcher and bowl...

It is a vintage "Inarco - Japan" ceramic. 

I have been watching it at our local thift store for a few weeks now... 
When they identify vintage and antique items, they put them in glass display cases. They mark them a bit high initially, but they mark them down as the weeks tick by, until they're sold. So, if I see something I like, I rarely buy it on first sighting and impulse. Usually, I just keep an eye on it as the price comes down. If its gone the next time I go in, my philosophy is ~ it wasn't meant to be mine then...

I've watched this little jewel for a few weeks now ~ 

Enough time had passed that the assistant manager marked it down to $10 for me....

This was a beautiful find~ !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...
I love to hear from you~!
=)