Friday, December 20, 2013

An 'Old Fashioned' Apple Cake...

This has been the most requested desert at my house this year, by the "Men-Folk"...

I think it's because of its 'Old Fashioned' flavor and goodness ~


~Old Fashioned Apple Cake~

Ingredients: 
2 Eggs
3/4 C. Vegetable Oil
2 C. Sugar
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
4 C. Chopped, Peeled Apples

~Preheat Oven to 350 & Grease & Flour a Cake Pan~

1. In a bowl beat the eggs and oil until they are smooth.
2. Add the next 6, dry ingredients and mix well ~ this is a thick batter. I use my hands to get it mixed well.
3. Mix in the apples.
4. Pour into a cake pan (9 x 13)
5. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes.


This is a 'hearty, gooey, heavy cake'...
That's what the men like most about it~!




This 'Old Fashioned' Apple Cake is scrumptious served with;

 A scoop of vanilla ice cream~

A dollop of whip cream~

Or how I like it...

Smothered in hot rice pudding~!

(Don't ask how I came up with that one)



Hey ~ 
If you're going for calories,
get all you can in one sitting ~ 




Right???

(=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...
I love to hear from you~!
=)