Thursday, September 19, 2013

Where's Jen ???

I have been "M.I.A." for a bit...

It's been a busy week... I have been finishing my entryway.

I got the leather walls completed, shaded and sealed. It was quite a project. I love all of the trim in this old house, but sometimes, it feels like I have "Miles of It~!"


Because the 'Faux Leather Wall Treatment' is paper and even though it's sealed with polyurethane, I don't dare 'tape it off,' so I used tiny paint brushes to do all the trim. Because of this, it has taken me days and days. Oh, who am I kidding. I started this last fall and I'm barely finishing. It has taken me a year~!

In the process, I got the old buffet de-cluttered and cleaned off.


For a year now, the poor, beautiful, old, buffet has been the "Man-Childs" business paper storage area and it's driven me mad. Now, it's all put away neatly (in every nook and cranny I could find) so I could see this old beauty and utilize her sweetness for some fall decor, as you enter the front door.


I have no office right now until we get an addition added onto the old house, so on this other side of this beautiful old buffet is a very broken, very modern, particle board work station with all of my computer equipment. I know, it's sad, but I'm just working with what limited space I have right now until something magical happens ~ *like the man-child gets time to start and finish one of the additions*

Anyway ~~
I'm happy to have the entryway walls finished ~ finally~!

And, if anybody has any idea the maker of this old furniture, please let me know, or direct me to where I might be able to purchase 2 drawer pulls like this... 2 of them are broken and have been since the man-child inherited the set...


I've been thinking and scheming a decorating plan for the entry way, for Autumn. A light bulb went off in my head last night and I remembered I had a bunch of old jugs in the cellar, so I went down and got 2 for the buffet...

Check back later to see what I do with them~!!!



Normally, I would wait until I had company before I traversed into the depths of the cellar myself (yes, it intimidates me to go down there in the dark alone...) But, I've been adopted by "Milo" and well, he went with me, actually leading the way, so it was a successful mission to the middle of the earth. At least it feels like I'm going to the middle of the earth, walking down those old, long, steep, dark stairs...



I'm not a fan of cats, but this little kitty showed up in my old shed last week and stole my heart...

The dogs were going crazy. I thought they were after a big squirrel, or something. I finally got the dogs settled down, locked them in their kennel and went out to investigate and this little green eyed, scrawny, very friendly little fellow jumped down off the overhead light and scared the bajebuz out of me and made me scream. He rubbed against my leg once and we were bonded. So, I named him 'Milo' and Milo follows me everywhere...

Poor little guy. I have no idea where he came from. It's probably an incident of somebody just 'dropping him off' and him finding a human to feed him. He obviously hasn't had much to eat for some time...

I'm shocked he was brave enough to traverse all the dogs in the yard to even make it into the back shed. My fingers are crossed that he'll keep the mice under control this winter, so he can stay. Who could resist such a cute little face anyway. If he grows into those long legs and huge paws, he might give Mr. Mooch a run for his money...

Accepting the compromise of the way we have been, the way we are and the way we will likely be...
May me & 'Milo the Cat' live together in unwavering love and good health, provided, he doesn't start doing the things cats do that drive me nutty~!
~Amen~

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments...
I love to hear from you~!
=)