Monday, September 23, 2013

An Autumn Entryway...

The vintage buffet / sideboard in my entry way finally got its Autumn makeover...


It looks beautiful from the living room...
You can see the little "Peek" of Autumn color ~


It is also the first thing you see when you come through the front door...
(Although, few people use this door ~ they use the kitchen door far more...)


I used the old 'Port' gallon jugs I brought up last week from the cellar.
I bought $20 worth of Autumn goodies; flower & leaf picks, some orange 'pumpkin' scented, small pillar candles and some bags of potpourri from the dollar store. I gathered the other dry flowers, weeds & cattails from up the lane...


I drug in an old, 7up crate from one of the old sheds...



 And, an old, galvanized trough from over to the 'Man-Childs' shop to aid in the decorating...


I filled the bottom of the galvanized trough with apple and pumpkin potpourri, before adding all of the dried flowers, cattails and weeds...
(It smells delicious, but it's also giving me a headache ~ lol)


The cornucopia was a thrift store find for $0.75...


It had already been pilfered, prior to my acquiring it, so it got a floral redo also...


No glue was used~!

Everything is just tucked in and free flowing, so I can disassemble it and store it in a plastic keeper for next years Autumn adventures...


It's a beautiful display from all angles...


And, all areas of the house, from where it can be viewed...


It was challenging to get pics of with the big vintage mirror on the wall above the buffet and the 2 windows in the entryway. But, I think it turned out beautiful~!


Tomorrow, a new display will be added to the living room. And Saturday, the local pumpkin patch opens for the season, so it's hard to tell when this obsession might stop???


"Happy Fall Y'all"


3 comments:

  1. I love Fall colors. The mirror really shows everything off and I love the new and old mixed together. The old crate works great for adding some height. I need to add height to some of my vignettes! Happy Fall my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Your furniture is gorgeous too!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You are ready to enjoy the harvest season! The pumpkin patch sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...
I love to hear from you~!
=)