Thursday, May 16, 2013

Back Patio Finished...

I was breathing a sigh of relief that the back patio was finished. I was spraying it all off for the last time when the man-child came around the house and told me we were heading to town. For what?

Well, he liked the back patio so much that he decided to scrap all the concrete in the front yard and do the same thing~!

Oy' Vey... I'm tired...

Ok, let's go to town (I don't like concrete anyway, it's too B-O-R-I-N-G)...
Funny, every time he went to pour it, something would come up. So, that's a clear indication to me that it wasn't subpose to be concrete ~ so, yay~!
(I'm still tired)

He set a goal of being completely done by Sunday ~ really?
I'm not sure I can carry 390 more pavers... This front one is 390 sq. feet...

Here's what the back one looked like this morning...

Alot of 'cutting in' to do~

There's my little 'butt warmer' Steve there on the right, hiding his little furry head in shame.
Mooch dug a big hole (his hut) in the middle of the lilac bushes and when I watered them this morning, it filled with water. I heard something and looked in the bushes and my little furry Steve was in there, mud from head to toe, swimming in the puddle. What a mud mess~!
Steve knew I was upset with his muddy little rearend and so he was keeping a 'low profile'...


Cutting pavers is 'DIRTY'  business...






Mooch seems to approve~!





Finished~!
I know, not the greatest picture... I'm TIRED...
But, I LOVE IT~!

So, the back one is finished...

Now, onto the front one...

This is what we're begining with~ He had the concrete forms all set and ready. And, we've had a concrete fund 'ratholed' for months. Well, the forms have been set and ready since last fall. It just never happened - probably because it wasn't subposed to be concrete, thank heavens.

Now, with the great savings on doing pavers, instead of concrete, I may be able to order French Curtains for my whole house~!
(This 'French Curtain' statement got the 'over the glasses' glare from the man-child... lol)

The forms are nice to use for the layout of the deck, but totally unnecessary also - kind of giggling to myself about it, but still thankful I won't be looking out the kitchen window at concrete~!


I got these awesome, tumbled, thick pavers at home depot and they slid right into the forms for the edging of the planter box along the front of the house.... What's the chances of that? I'm pretty sure fate has intervened on my behalf ~ thank you~!


I know, crazy shaped front patio, but it will make sense later when the landscaping is completed... 
~Have I mentioned I am tired?~


Honey, do you think you brought in enough sand?
~Have I mentioned I am tried and I know I'll be shoveling more of that excess sand...~


There is a neat planter box right there between the house and the begining of the patio...
Jen's got to have green along the foundations, or she'll go 'NUTTY'...
~Gosh, I am tired...~


Yes, he actually started laying down the pavers tonight, until the paver carrying lady gave up~!

~Have I mentioned I'm tired yet?~ 

I've jacked 368 pavers and 100 end anchors in 2 days, plus I've shoveled 3 backhoe buckets of sand. And, I have 390 more pavers to go and 58 end anchors, plus the 30 tumbled pavers that we already set...

~Have I mentioned I'm tired yet?~



Honey, wouldn't it be smarter to start the pattern under the front door and work out?
No Jen... If it ends up crooked, looking out the kitchen window, you'll make me redo it...
'True That~!'

~Wow, I am tired...~ 


~Have I mentioned I'm tired yet?~

But, I am happy~!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...
I love to hear from you~!
=)